Lead is very harmful to health, especially for children, as it can affect their health and development. So what if you think the drinking water in your area has too much lead? Well, fear not because there are ways to remove lead from your daily drinking water so that it is safe again.
Signs Of Lead Poisoning
Even a small amount of lead can be dangerous, but lead poisoning usually occurs after it builds up inside you for months or even years. Some symptoms of lead poisoning in children and infants are:
- Developmental delays
- Learning difficulties
- Loss of appetite
- Constipation and stomach ache
- Low birth weight
- Weight loss
Lead Poisoning Symptoms For Adults Include
- High blood pressure
- Difficulties with memory and concentration
- Joint and muscle pain
- Abdominal pain
- Mood swings
Ways To Remove Lead From Your Drinking Water
If you think you have the symptoms and want to make sure lead is not in your drinking water, then you should try the following things:
- Reverse osmosis: This causes household water pressure to push water through a series of filters; it can remove up to 99.1% of lead.
- Distillation: This requires a lot of energy from a heat source to remove lead, so it isn’t used much.
- Preventions: Some other ways to not get lead poisoning from drinking water is to drink water through the cold side of the tap. Moreover, running water for 1-2 minutes if it has been sitting in the faucet for more than 6 hours will remove most of the lead from water pipes.
The first step to removing lead from your water supplies is to test if your water has lead by picking up a test or having a professional come out to test your water. Municipal water testing information is also beneficial to determine what contaminants may be in your area water supply. If you would like to learn more about filters, contact us today.
This post was written by a water treatment expert at Pure Blue H2O. At Pure Blue H2O we are the providers of the best Reverse Osmosis System For Home! We know that the best product comes from the best materials. They offer whole home water solutions such as showerhead filtration, filter replacements, and a variety of similar products. Their focus is to provide Americans with safe and clean water throughout the home.